Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Housekeeping Notes

Some housekeeping notes:
Since the Canadian election has been called, I will try to update this site regularly. If regional splits are available, I will post those projections. If nothing is mentioned, I haven't found them. If you have found them, then email me.

All of the projections are done with software I've put together. That should be reasonably good at calling winners. I might try to add some more sophication and probability to the software, it would have helped a bit in the BC election. The projections are based on the 2004 election results, so party switches since then will not be considered. The Green Party was not competitive in any seats in 2004, so they will be neglected. If the Blc polling result is not given in the poll, I will make an assumption. Projected Blc seat counts from a national poll is not a great way of doing things, but it is all that can be done.

One riding in 2004 was won by an independent. The winner in that riding, Chuck Cadman, died in July 2005. So hereafter, this seat will be projected to the conservative party, since it doesn't make sense to project it as independent. That is not a certain result, but is likely.

No comments: